August 4, 2011

You Say Tomato, I Say YUMMY!

It has been exciting days in my garden of late, as the tomatoes are starting to ripen up and turn RED.  
I have been snacking off the DELISHIOUSNESS that are my little cherry tomatoes, 
but this evening I harvested my first big tomato... and it was a MUTANT!  
But, I used it for my supper anyways and 
it. was. yum.
 
 My husband cannot eat tomatoes (his loss, my gain...) so tonight I enjoyed some Fasta Pasta a recipe taken from a Best of Bridge cookbook, I believe, where tomatoes are the STAR!

FASTA PASTA:
2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes (or any tomatoes, really)
1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil or 1/2 Tbsp dried (I enjoyed some lovely basil from my kitchen garden)
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients and let sit.

Make enough pasta for two (I used egg noodles tonight)
Add 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
Toss everything together, cover and set aside until cheese melts.
(I also added in some leftover roasted chicken from last night's supper)
D.I.V.I.N.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment