May 9, 2011

A Late Celebration of the Royal Wedding



As mentioned before, I was away at Orange Conference in Atlanta last week, and wasn't able to watch the wedding!  I wouldn't have been a die-hard like some out there, getting up at the crack of dawn to watch it live, but I would have liked to have sat down and watched a replay of it as a whole, rather than in the snippets that I was able to catch whenever we happened past a television.  Did you notice how it seemed to be on every single channel???  I was so encouraged to see the world stop and cheer on a marriage, in a time where divorce affects us all to some degree and it seems like the question we ask regarding the likelihood of a marriage lasting is not "if" but "when".  I know for my husband and I we have always said that "divorce" is not a word in our vocabulary.  It is not an option.  We made covenant promises to one another that I don't ever plan on breaking.  But, I digress...

So, on Monday, once I was safely home, we set up a tea party in the living room for Aria and Roscoe so that we could watch the Royal Wedding.  Aria made a fancy hat to wear.

Notice the glass slipper and jewelery taped to it?  And the big pink bow was a leftover from her birthday a couple weeks ago!

Roscoe lasted all of 10 minutes into the PVR recording of the wedding.

Here's something I wished I knew about before, so I could've made it for our tea party.  Prince William's favorite cake is a chocolate cookie cake.  Davison Orchards, a local attraction was offering it last weekend at their season opening, and they've kindly put the recipe on the their website.  I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe, especially if it is fit for a Royal Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment