March 30, 2012

Ways to Celebrate Palm Sunday with Young Children

1.  Colour a picture
Source: sermons4kids.com via Carmen Kinniburgh on Pinterest

2.  Make your own Palm Fronds


Source: impressyourkids.org via Carmen Kinniburgh on Pinterest


3.  Use your hands and feet to celebrate

Source: catholicicing.com via Carmen Kinniburgh on Pinterest
I was going to tackle this one with my kids today, but figured I'd wait until Dad was home to help control the inevitable mess!

4.  Decorate a large silk leaf
Source: mustardseeds.typepad.com via Carmen Kinniburgh on Pinterest
I thought this was so cute!  It could also make a great decoration for your door.
 
5.  Start planting a Hill of Calvary garden

Source: mustardseeds.typepad.com via Carmen Kinniburgh on Pinterest
Last year we tried making one of these (see tutorial about Hill of Calvary), 
but the soil dried out, 
and I was trying to use regular grass seed... 
So this year, we're going to try again with cat grass (fingers are crossed!)


6.  Listen to Great Music and Dance!
 Hosanna Rock by Yancy
Hosanna by The Donut Man


Use the palm fronds that you make to jump and dance around!

7.  Watch a movie about Jesus life


One of my absolute favorites is The Miracle Maker.
We also like the Veggie Tales "Twas the Night Before Easter".

8.  Read some books

I have a couple on my to read list.  
And I'm planning on putting one in the kids Easter basket this year.  
But a definite favorite from last year was The Parable of the Lily by Liz Curtis Higgs.

9.  Make a Pinterest Board
Its my favorite way to put all our ideas in one spot.  And my Easter Pinterest Board is a great tool for helping my kids decide which project they'd like to try each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment