March 26, 2010

Mother Goose

I had a meeting today with some Mother Goose friends, and we had the great news that we'll be offering two baby classes at the Library this spring!  So in celebration I thought I should share some of our favorite songs we use all the time around here!

Our favorite silly song:
A peanut sitting on a railroad track
His heart was all a-flutter (pat your chest, over your heart)
A train came roaring down the tracks (move your arms like a trains wheels)
Toot-toot! (pull a handle in the air)
Blthhhhh! (raspberry sound while squishing your hands together)
Peanut butter!

A good diaper change or tickling rhyme:
Jeremiah blow the fire, puff, puff, puff
First you blow it gently (blow gently)
Then you blow it rough! (give child a raspberry!)

And for a lullaby, to the tune of Elvis Presley's "Love Me Tender":
Rock me gently, rock me slow
Rock me where the robins go
Rock the branch and rock the bough
Rock the baby robins now
Rock me up and rock me down
Rock me off to sleepy town
Rock me gently up the stairs
To cuddle with my teddy bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment